Please visit our mineral makeup forum to see additional tips and tricks submitted by our customers. Just click on "Talk about our Products" at the top of the site.
HOW TO APPLY Coconut Bay Cosmetics® MINERAL FOUNDATION
Take your time when working with minerals. It takes a little time to find an application method that works great for you.
Dry Method #1
1. With lid on, softly tap or shake product upside down into lid.
2. Using your KABUKI brush or makeup pouf, gently press the brush head or makeup pouf into powder. (Tap off excess, or you will be wasting product and possibly end up with poor application.)
4. Start buffing powder onto your skin in a circular motion. Repeat this process until you have the coverage you like.
Wet Method #1
1. Lightly spritz face with purified water or mineral mist after you've tapped excess product from brush before you apply product to skin. Or spray some water or mist into an empty container and shake some of the mineral powders onto that. Mix thoroughly and apply with a brush or sponge.
2. If you find your product is drying out before you feel you are finished, then lightly spritz again.
Wet Method #2
1. Try mixing a few drops of your favorite moisturizer in with your powder. If you want a thin coverage like a liquid makeup use less powder. If you want a thick foundation like a pan makeup then add more powder to the moisturizer, the more powder you add the thicker the foundation. This method can be applied with a contour brush for great coverage.
MINERAL VEIL OR SETTING POWDER
Apply the mineral veil over your foundation for a finished look. Mineral veils are also used as correctors.
Use the Yellow on red areas to correct the red or the Pink veil to add warmth to your complexion.
Mineral veil is applied the same as the foundation only lighter.
Use the blush SPARINGLY to contour the cheek. Barely dab the blush brush tip into the sifter jar and tap off the excess before applying.
Multi-Purpose Mineral Pigments (Eye Shadow)
Use any color from the Coconut Bay Cosmetics® multi-purpose mineral collection for eye shadow, blush, liquid eyeliner, nail polish, lipstick or body shimmer. NOTE: The blues and greens are not to be used on the lips.
Eye Shadow: Simply dip an eye shadow brush into the desired color and apply to your eyelids. Choose a lighter color as a highlighter to apply under the brow. Use a darker color in the crease as a shader.
Apply dry for a lighter color and apply wet for a darker dramatic color.
Liquid Eyeliner: Wet your Line It brush with water, dip into the desired color of mineral powder. Mix water and powder together on the back of your hand or in separate container until well blended. Apply close to lashes.
Nail Polish: Use any nail polish. Dip your nail polish brush into the mineral powder of your choice. Apply to nails. For darker color, use more powder.
Lip Color: Dip your lip brush into your favorite lip balm/stick/gloss and then into the mineral powder of your choice. Blend well and then apply to lips.
Please follow us on twitter. We will be using twitter for all announcements and specials instead of newsletters.